This past weekend I took the time to explore the website of Family Vocation Ministries, one of the “top ten” vocation websites according the U.S. Bishops’ For Your Vocation website. The website offers outstanding resources and events to help families foster vocations to the priesthood and consecrated life.
Family Vocations Ministries fulfills its mission by:
- Living the Gospel of Christ in love and truth according to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
- Sponsoring and praying for Family Vocation Days at the parish level.
- Praying daily for an increase of vocations to the priesthood and the consecrated life.
- Praying daily for the perseverance and fidelity of bishops, priests, seminarians and consecrated religious.
- Praying daily for the Bishop of the diocese and the local pastor.
- Fostering, promoting and praying for holiness in family life.
The family vocation days jumped off the page to me as a wonderful idea. I’d love to hear from someone who has participated in one of these events to learn more.
The sites offers a wealth of resources and links, and it exudes a spirit of prayer and fidelity to the Magisterium. Check it out!