For I know well the plans I have for you, says the Lord,
plans for your welfare and not for your woe; to give you a future full of hope!
Do you know of a young woman who is considering a religious vocation? Is the Lord causing your heart to stir as you ponder a life devoted entirely to His service? Is religious life dying in our country?
Let the Imagine Sisters video, Light of Love, help you with these questions!
In association with, among others, the Institute on Religious Life, this hour-length video gives the viewers an in-depth look into the lives of 5 young sisters from the following communities:
- Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George, Alton, Illinois
- Carmelites Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles
- Franciscan Sisters of Penance of the Sorrowful Mother, Steubenville, Ohio
- Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matará, Santa Clara, California
- Salesian Sisters of St. John Bosco, North Haledon, New Jersey
Utterly joyful and incredibly “normal,” the sisters describe their work, their love for Jesus and their fraternal life in community. Whether caring for the sick, teaching children, caring for the elderly, or whatever their work maybe, the sisters’ apostolates are an outpouring of their relationship with Jesus. As one sister said, “you really cannot separate your prayer from your work because when you praying unceasingly in your heart, our Lord is always with you.”
First Things has a nice review of the film.
Give it a look! Be inspired and spread the word!
May God reward you!